Trades and observations from a British contrarian stock investor

This blog is not intended to give financial advice. Before investing, do your own research and consult your financial adviser if appropriate. The accuracy of any information included is not guaranteed and may be subject to conjecture or interpretation by Contrarian Investor. Therefore visitors should validate all facts using alternative sources where possible.

Showing posts with label talisman norway. Show all posts
Showing posts with label talisman norway. Show all posts

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Could it be RNS time for Xcite Energy tomorrow at last?

Investors in Xcite Energy have been patiently waiting for news on the Rowan Norway rig. Now the deadline (extended for the second time) passed on Friday, so it seems pretty unlikely that CEO Richard Smith will either delay things yet again or issue no news at all. I'm sure lots of fellow Xcite Energy investors will be glued to their computers tomorrow morning waiting for the all important RNS.

I would be surprised if we see a takeover announcement (but of course it would be pleasant surprise), more likely I believe is that the CPR (Competent Persons Report) may be issued together with a farm-in announcement from one of the Bentley Alliance partners.  It would seem incredible that the delay is purely caused by price or contractual negotiations with British American offshore who own the Rowan Norway rig. Of course the other scenario is that production may be accelerated by leasing the Rowan Stavanger before it goes to Talisman Norway in the North Sea. 

So lots of possibilites, but it seems the least likely that they'll just keep quiet. If its another delay...they're lawyers need a damn good talking to!! Anyone seen any Champagne bottles piled up in a skip outside the offices in Banchory recently?

I'm keen to invest in some other companies hence I've added my watch list page (http://contrarianinvestoruk.blogspot.com/p/watch-list-shares.html) but a big chunk is tied up in Xcite so little flexibility at the moment. Come on Mr Smith, lets get this share moving again, we're fed up with it under £4!!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Xcite rumour dispelled - Rowan Stavanger goes to Talisman

A form 8-K SEC release from Rowan companies yesterday confirms that the Rowan Stavanger is going to Talisman Norway. Looks like Rowan Norway for Xcite assuming all agreed by 31st January with delivery June 2011. Another solid possibility is that Xcite is talking to Talisman (who have operations in the UK North Sea) about using the Rowan Stavanger until the Rowan Norway is available in June 2011.

http://secwatch.com/rdc/8k/events-or-changes-between-quar/2011/1/21/7522190?source=rss

In terms of the funding of the Rowan Norway, in the event that cash is needed to pay for it (other collateral could potentially be used), there should be sufficient money left from the SEDA (Standby Equity Distribution Agreement) arrangement where the company gets cash in exchange for the issue of shares to Yorkville Advisors - the YA Global Master SPV Ltd. From the December 17th RNS, "Xcite Energy (LON:XEL, TSX-V:XEL) has increased its existing Standby Equity Distribution Agreement (SEDA) by £20 million.The company can now raise up to £60 million through the equity line facility.". Alternatively money could be obtained from the Bentley Alliance (BP, Transocean, ADTI, AMEC, Fugro) without needing to resort to alternatives such as a placing. BP have already put in £4 million (see previous post on Alliance - http://contrarianinvestoruk.blogspot.com/2011/01/xcite-energy-should-prove-highly.html). I would guess that the company could also get a loan if necessary on the oil in place resource estimate, which will be converted to reserves in place in February or March. Either way, no big discounted placing.


Rowan Stavanger
*
N-Class
400
35,000
2011
North Sea
Talisman Norway
Low 300s
August 2011
Rig is under construction with delivery expected in January 2011.
Rig received an LOI for approximately 90 to 120 days for accommodation work in the Norwegian Sector of the North Sea.Commencement date is expected to occur between May and August 2011 upon  receipt of Norwegian regulatory approval.



Rowan Norway
*
N-Class
400
35,000
2011
UK North Sea
Xcite Energy
Low 250s
June 2012
Rig is under construction with delivery expected in June 2011.  Received LOI for approximately 240 days.   LOI provides for a termination fee of $4 million payable by the customer in the event it does not enter into  the drilling contract by January 31 , 2011.  Customer is required to provide security in the amount of   $30 million for the first 120 days of the contract term by January 31 , 2011.  Customer is also required to  provide additional security in the amount of $30 million for the second 120 days of the contract term by  January 31, 2011.  Customer may reduce the contract term to 120 days, in which event it will be required  to increase the security from $30 million to $33.6 million and day rate is increased to low 280s .