Trades and observations from a British contrarian stock investor

This blog is not intended to give financial advice. Before investing, do your own research and consult your financial adviser if appropriate. The accuracy of any information included is not guaranteed and may be subject to conjecture or interpretation by Contrarian Investor. Therefore visitors should validate all facts using alternative sources where possible.

Monday, February 28, 2011

MeDaVinci up 17% today on Express article

I see that MeDaVinci is up 17% today following a positive write-up in the Express on the change to Orogen Gold. Whoops!!

Well it makes my review published at the weekend a little ill timed, I bet the bulls are crying with laughter! However, in fairness to myself, I did point out that the shares would rise short term on the Orogen acquisition noise and PR. But, and this is a big but, I have concerns about this company in general. I guess this is the curse of a blogger, sometimes a review based on all the facts doesn't matter a damn, when private investors pile in on near term sentiment.

But new investors in MVC, please be careful of a "pump and dump", especially with a penny share! Don't just rely on newspaper tips!

Of course, I might be completely wrong on MVC and its going to be a ten bagger. Fair play if it does and good luck to holders. It just doesn't fit the Contrarian Investor uk risk profile. Funny, this AIM share game!

No comments:

Post a Comment